Instructional Courses - Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing
If you have always wanted to get into Outdoor Climbing and don't know where to start, then this is the course for you. Aimed at those new to the sport or people who have been climbing in the Gym, this session will cover some of the basics to get you started in a safe and controlled environment. While all rock climbing gear is supplied, you will come away with the knowledge of what you will need to purchase to proceed further.
Get a group of friends together to maximise the learning, you can then get outside together and further your progression in this great sport. We will utilise the more popular areas in Launceston's Cataract Gorge, which will give you an understanding of the best areas to visit in future.
Topics Covered will include:
- How to move safely in the cliff environment
- Rigging techniques for both Abseiling and Top Roping.
- The use of fixed and natural anchors.
- Basic Climbing techniques.
- Equipment list if you wish to purchase your own.
- Climbing Grades.
- Who to climb with in future.
If you have your own rock climbing gear already, you are welcome to bring it along.
Minimum group size of 4, maximum 6.